Saturday, June 27, 2009

Not Friday

Let's look at "Ways to be Cool"on pg 95...(I hate to bring this topic up as Ryan might possibly descibe me as "pale, male and stale.")
Ryan suggests open-mindedness as the key to becoming "cool" individuals. I have tried to embrace a few of her suggested strategies:

#2--stretching--trust me--beyond comfort zone, obvious, as this blog illustrates
#3--give a YP a "seat at the table," am going to gather suggestions when I meet with the local YPA in July
#7--consider "cool community" metrics for economic development, maybe an opportunity in our upcoming community visioning process

How about you? Any commitments to cool?

1 comment:

  1. I would love to join a Young Professionals Organization. When I looked into the website, it is for the 40 and under set. What about the 40-50 year olds who are "young" in thinking and at heart? I want to try to build a cool community where my millennial kids will want to work and live after their college years.

    I love to do my gift shopping at Among Friends, Raspberry Row, Toys in the Attic, and The Yellow Bird. We need more clothing stores downtown. I think the Downtown Market is a good idea and even though bad press surrounded the Beer Festival, I think it was a great idea. Long ago, the Creative Arts Guild Festival was held downtown and also the Kudzu Festival. The streets were blocked off and it was a great time with events during the day and at night.

    Ryan gives good suggestions to build a "cool" community.

    ReplyDelete